- large-scale atmospheric dynamics and climate
- eddy-mean flow dynamics (e.g. annular-modes, wave propagation)
- the use of simplified models to understand the general circulation
- air quality and its ties to the large-scale circulation
- effects of climate change on tropospheric and stratosphere-troposphere transport
Welcome to the homepage of the Barnes Research Group! Our research covers atmospheric dynamics and variability under different climates. See above for a list of our general interests, and check-out the "RESEARCH" tab for detailed summaries of our past and current work.
This work has been sponsored in part by the NSF and NOAA.